Author Topic: Weapon pickups  (Read 19438 times)

Brian

Weapon pickups
« on: August 25, 2016, 02:30:57 pm »
Short description about the suggestion: Adding the ability to pick up weapons from dead players and the original weapon pickups that were placed on certain spots of the map (some via teleport) like in the 0.3 version of SvM.
Why do you need this suggestion to be added?: The UFO dropping weapons is pretty much too scarce, as well as the fact that you can run out of ammo quickly.
What benefit does it bring to the server?: Some uniqueness of its own (I have yet to see a server using the 0.3 weapon pickups), probably reduce command spamming in the future when players have a lot of money.
Additional information about the suggestion: Basically more lookalike to the 0.3 version of SvM.

aXXo

• Management
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon pickups
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 05:17:33 pm »
The general idea behind SvM was to revive the old school stubby vs stubby action that has so far been scarce on VCMP 0.4.
We want to diminish the amount of M4s and M60s being sprayed in the server.

All weapons except stubby and shotguns are supposed to be rare.

Brian

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 05:30:06 pm »
The general idea behind SvM was to revive the old school stubby vs stubby action that has so far been scarce on VCMP 0.4.

The philosophy behind it is great but the truth is, sooner or later everyone will have enough money to just spam and buy any gun as much as they want.

aXXo

• Management
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 05:34:39 pm »
True.

So far I've seen only players on sprees being able to afford weapons. Since the loss of cash on death, pickups etc are huge expenses.
Maybe in future, we could go for a 'Money Grab' approach, wherein you lose all cash on /q.
Start from $0-$1000 on every connect(based on ingame rank).

Foxtrot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 06:07:08 pm »

Allowing pickups might actually make players think twice before they purchase an expensive weapon. The current system works too.. either way i don't really care about it so much.

The server looks exactly like the old one. There's really nothing new except for the font. For new players it might offer a unique experience but not for the old ones. To be honest, for it just feels like going back to windows vista from 10.

Talking from experience, you need to find new stuff to add to this concept and make it a lot more interesting than 2 teams stranded on an island fighting each other otherwise it'll just die out like it did the last time. I'm sure you'll find great ideas.

HunTinG

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 08:06:44 pm »
The only idea that could use for this suggestion is to remove any kind of way to spawn weapons , and add it only via pickup (by UFO).
But the reason why it doesn't suit is that SvM is a team deathmatch,none is anymore interested in 1 v 1.
But no, it's still boring to play like that. I prefer the actual SvM.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:20:28 pm by HunTinG »

Noori

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 11:06:07 am »
Not needed its fine this way . :)

Awaix

• United we stand, divided we fall.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 12:01:57 pm »
Cant you add cmd /wep instead of wasting time like to the UFO and then pickup that wep and blah blah blah.
It's just waste of time to go and pick the weapon. There's also a problem that if we get known that a weapon has been dropped so instead of we pick that weapon, another player will pick up.

Lovely.! Credits: One and only Rorro. <3

Credits: One and only, [LK]Rorro <3

krystianoo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 12:59:59 pm »
The server looks exactly like the old one. There's really nothing new except for the font. For new players it might offer a unique experience but not for the old ones. To be honest, for it just feels like going back to windows vista from 10.

exactly

i propose making some sort of system where you can pay $$ for your team to have some sort of bonuses, example: if you paid, say 1000$ the right gate of studio would be blocked for some time, etcetra, etcetra - the server needs something new and innovative and 0.4 only helps in it

Brian

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 01:14:44 pm »
i propose making some sort of system where you can pay $$ for your team to have some sort of bonuses, example: if you paid, say 1000$ the right gate of studio would be blocked for some time, etcetra, etcetra - the server needs something new and innovative and 0.4 only helps in it
I quite like that idea, anyway.
I don't mind it if there won't be pickups spawned around the map, but it would be nice to at least be able to pick up weapons dropped by dead players.

Sevrin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 03:47:21 pm »
I go with current system, it's unique & challenging.

Amal

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 08:14:01 pm »
yes the current system is perfect.

Danniel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 09:11:56 pm »
yes the current system is perfect.

You're right

Youtube: Danniel P.

Zeeshan.Bhatti

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 08:16:15 am »
yess

Saim

• I am Mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 02:17:57 pm »
yess
Yes from my side

RoyStang's Art